MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Payment_______________All membership payments are due on the first business day of each month, unless you participate in reoccurring via PayPal. If agreement is signed after the 15th of the month, membership will be pro-rated, except for the Intro Special and Connect Membership. NEX Atlanta reserves the right to charge late fees and/or withhold services if payments are not received on time. If payment is not received by the 1st of the month, you may be removed from the membership page online, your door code deleted and any items left at NEX may be donated and the desk/chair opened for other prospective members.
2. Door Code _____________ You may be issued 1 door code (depending on membership). Refundable deposit of $50 will be invoiced separately and returned upon termination of membership. Use of your door code is prohibited after termination of membership. Do not give your door code to anyone else or allow non-paying customers entrance into or use of the space at any time. Giving your door code to someone else is grounds for immediate termination of your membership plan may result in a lifetime ban from NEX Atlanta for both you and the person that you let in to the space.
4. Description of Services. NEX may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as NEX may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
5. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any NEX server, or the network(s) connected to any NEX server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services or networks connected to any NEX server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
6. Use of services. You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
a. Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
b. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
c. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through NEX;
d. Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
e. Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
f. Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
g. Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
h. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
i. Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service (including the Building Rules for The Jane, 218 Cherokee Avenue, Atlanta, Georgia 30312.);
j. Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
k. Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
l. Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
7. Disclosure. NEX reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as NEX deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in NEX’s sole discretion.
a. You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by NEX or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, which is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of NEX any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by NEX or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
b. Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to: I. maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence; II. not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties; III. not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to NEX, or any participant or user of the Services.
c. All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of NEX or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU for your participation or use of the services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of NEX, or any participant/user of the services.
9. Participation In or Use of Services. You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that NEX does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, NEX provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, and quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in, or the use of the services, remains with you.
11. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall NEX or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty NEX has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
12. Limitation of Liability and Remedies. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of NEX or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten dollars (USD $10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose..
13. Termination. ______________Membership can be terminated with a 30-day written notice. Any notice provided in less than 30 days will be charged in full. Monthly services are not pro-rated in relation to termination of your contract. NEX reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. NEX further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
14. Indemnification. You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless NEX’s affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by NEX or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
15. Severability. In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
16. Insurance. NEX will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of NEX.
17. Consent for Photography/Video Consent for Media Release & Promotional Use.
Member hereby grants permission to the 437 Impact Partners (dba NEX), its employees, interns, or representatives to take and use:
• photography/digital images
• recorded audio or quoted remarks
of member for use by NEX in promotional or educational materials. These materials might include but are not limited to electronic publications, printed publications, NEX Web site, Facebook page, Twitter account or other electronic or print communications. Member further agrees that his/her name and identity may be revealed in descriptive text or commentary in connection with the image(s) published. Member also agrees that the media may contact member regarding his/her involvement with NEX. Member authorizes the use of these materials indefinitely without compensation. All prints, digital reproductions, video, and audio recordings shall be the property of NEX.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this TOU and further agree to be bound to the TOU regarding my participation in and use of the Services.